Listed below are the top 5 top reasons why folks reread certain books.
- One of the most common reasons which many readers offer for their rereading affinity is powerful story. It not only beckons them to take another shot in the work but instantly drags them within the pages and transforms them into a participant. It’s this virtue which coerces the reader time and again. This sort of literature usually finds its way to bibliophile’s collection.
- It was also difficult to buy books because of the unfriendly price tag. To overcome this hurdle, most readers assembled a mini library which was exploited innovatively. Owners of these personal libraries exchanged literary works with friends and family members or reread interesting ones. These personal libraries flourished in every area. Interestingly, some of these transformed into commercial entities particularly those that had a huge collection of books.
- Then there are readers who swear by God that each time they reread one of the cherished books they obtained a newer insight into the author’s writing style, story and characterization. Of course, the majority of them believe that it is age related thing. By way of instance, some of classic literature which forms part of school / college curriculum is far beyond the understanding young minds. However, a decade down the line, the same books depict a different tale. As one reader pointed out that it was about a matured mindset that develops with age. Raccoon Poop
- Empathetic and compelling character/s, particularly those with whom we could easily relate to, and join with is yet another common reason for rereading. It’s this connection which draws readers to the book over and over, at times to fetch inspiration and sometimes to compliment the author for its outstanding characterization.
- Dog eared books are like muses. They seduce readers and then allow them to recapture some of the chapters, scenes or passages of a novel. When a reader marks the webpage through the first read it simply means that this individual will return one day. It is a signal that the particular part of the story has somehow made its way to the reader’s heart. Incidentally, in these modern times the majority of the book lovers use bookmarks which somehow dilute the intensity, the passion with which the page was marked.
So, why do you reread if at everything you do? And do you believe it is an unfair practice as these books are”Gods of Literature” and many new writers lose out a sale because of these.
For more articles on contemporary fiction, writing tips, creative writing, and free books and short stories visit my blog.